Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sorry no post...

OK, so I haven't posted in a few days. There's a good reason. I'm in the final week of the musical at school, and I'm the director.

This is my first time directing a play, and I have to say, it's been a fun experience. We're doing "Annie". I've gotten to know about 50 of my students on a whole different level. We started on January 22, and end on Friday.

One of the highlights of this whole experience was shaving my student's head. The kid who plays Daddy Warbucks is a 7th grader who we'll call "Ken". He is one of those kids who has long-ish, shaggy, thick hair. Well, as you may know, Oliver Warbucks is bald, and so, last Friday, I brought my hair clippers to school. With the blessing of Ken's mother, and the encouragement of his peers, Ken let me shave his head. Boy, was that fun!!

I honestly can say that I couldn't have asked for a better group of students to work with. They have been hard working, dedicated, and a ball of fun! I'd love to show you pictures of me shaving Ken's head, but school policy prohibits it. So instead, here's the original Daddy Warbucks, Albert Finney...

No comments: