Monday, June 30, 2008

A family trip!!

So tomorrow morning, we're leaving for PA for 4 days.
My parents have friends who have a big old farm out in PA. It's not a working farm, so no animals, but that's ok. When we were kids, our family vacations were trips to the farm. We had a blast! Fishing, swimming, swinging, playing, and eating at the Villa Como Inn. We haven't been there in 15-20 years.

Recently, this friend invited us all back up for a vacation! So, my crew of 5, my parents, and my brother, Tom, and his wife and daughter are all going up to the farm together. We'll see you on Saturday!!

In the meantime, here are a couple of pictures from a classic car/motorcycle show we took the kids to this past Sunday...

Here's a '38 Chevy


There were a bunch of bikes, including these customs...
Excuse me while I wipe the drool from the keyboard.



And then there was the monster truck. The boys had been waiting ALL DAY to see the monster truck. We looked ALL DAY for it. They kept saying they wanted to see a monster truck ALL DAY. Then, at the end of the day, we finally found it. Well, they wanted nothing to do with it. They were a little apprehensive at first, but once I told them it wasn't going to move, they were fine. Oh, then they guy started it up and was taking people for rides in it. As you can guess, we did not take a ride. We ran in the other direction. And by "we", I don't mean me. Oh well!



Oh yeah, there was also a guy showing reptiles to a crowd of kids. Here's his snake named Olive. She's got to be at least 8 feet long. Full size, she can reach 25 feet. 25. Yep, 25 feet. As the man pointed out, they don't make good pets. Ok then smart guy, how come you have one?? Oh, and speaking of good ideas, let's have a couple of snake-snack-sized kids help you hold it. Especially after he explained that it's a constrictor. Notice the tail wrapping around the unsuspecting boy's wrist?


It was a great day, in spite of a little rain. I'll post more about it after our trip! See you Saturday!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Jeff,
Nice pitures of the car show. I use olympic deck stain. I hate having to do all of those spindals takes forever. Yard/ house lots of work, but its worth it.